Thursday, March 1, 2012

OPI I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!

Here we go…OPI did it again!

Initially, I thought that I will not be attracted to any polishes from Holland collection. Don’t get me wrong – they are all lovely, but when you have more than 300 nail polishes it becomes harder and harder to find something amazing.

This spring I was excited about several collections from China Glaze, especially Hunger Games. But when I saw swatches, I understood that I won’t probably get anything, may. On the other hand, there are a lot of amazing indie-brands and talented franken bloggers on Etsy that surprise with creativity and amazing nail polishes.

OPI played it safe last year. A lot of the shades were quickly duped by competitors. Some might think that Holland collection is also trivial…and in some ways it is. But it has couple of gems that shine and definitely should be in a nail closet of every polish junkie

Personally, my gem from this collection is I Don’t Give a Rotterdam!. Being a huge fan of blues and having a lot of them in different finishes, I still find this little wonder very unique.

On the one hand, I Don’t Give a Rotterdam! Is a lovely subtle baby blue with silver shimmer that is very easy to wear on every occasion. On the other hand, it is a very non-trivial blue, maybe because of the shimmer in it. I get a little bit of Chanel vibe from it…very graceful.
The coverage is superb; the formula is on the thinner side. 2-3 coats are enough for the full opacity.
OPI holland collection I don't give a rotterdam!

OPI holland collection I don't give a rotterdam! swatches and review

OPI I don't give a rotterdam! swatches
Natural afternoon light:)
OPI holland collection I don't give a rotterdam! swatches and review

No comments:

Post a Comment