Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sally Hansen Crushed Gems – Cha-Ching!

Hi Everyone!

I already mentioned in couple of my posts that I’m quite disappointed with creativity of the some famous brands this year. Definitely, with such a huge variety of brands and nail polish colors and finishes it is hard to stay creative. But to copy almost entire collection…this is a little too much for me.

I understand that OPI and Sally Hansen both belong to Coty. And it is not that surprising to see some similarities between OPI Muppets Collection glitters and Crushed Gems. But when I saw the stand in my local CVS I didn’t think of OPI.
Crushed Gems look exactly like China Glaze Eye Candy! Did somebody notice this as well? Definitely the target market is a little different, Sally Hansen could be found almost everywhere unlike China Glaze, but still…

Anyways, I still bought Cha-Ching! to check out the quality and compare it with Love Marylin from CG.

Cha-Ching! is a bright red glitter with some of silver glitter of the same size. The base of the nail polish is clear. It is a nice color, I won’t deny. And it doesn’t chip for a while. The only downside is that it’s hard to apply near cuticle area. I had to move the glitter while it was still wet, so it will look clean.

sally hansen crushed gems collection Cha-Ching!

sally hansen crushed gems collection Cha-Ching! swatches and review


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I noticed the similarities between the SH and ChG right away as well! Have you noticed how all these glitters coming out lately are so similar? The Wet n Wild Ice Baby collection is very similar to these glitters as well, and so are some of the Nails Inc. glitters. Kind of disappointing that they're all so similar, but they are nice colors so I can't complain to much. I love Sally Hansen Cha-Ching though, it looks great on yoU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought a couple of these but decided to pass. It is really pretty but I see what you mean about the glitter around the cuticle. I think it looks great and you did a good job keeping it even and contained but I don't have that kind of patience ;/ thanks so much for the heads up about PITA application :) it kind of is a shame that they steal the entire line! One or two similar polishes is understandable but not the whole line!

    ReplyDelete