Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Priti NYC non-toxic nail polish swatches and review: Black Prince Orchid and Royale Robe

Black Prince Orchid and Royale Robe are another 2 I got from Priti NYC. I covered Lace Aloe and Bachelor's Buttons here.

These were some sort of a pleasant surprise to me. When they arrived and I saw them in the bottle I thought that these 2 are definitely nothing special and I would give them out to someone. But each of them is much more interesting on the nails then in the bottle. These beauties are very glossy, so it is hard to take normal photos.

Black Prince Orchid is described as matted orchid. Not mahogany, not matted for sure. I would describe it as burgundy mauve and for me personally it is closer to the rose than to the orchid. The color of the nail polish is very pretty though. I have a problem with mauve – I love it, but I get bored in a second. This one is definitely an exclusion.

priti nyc black prince orchid swatches and review

priti nyc nail polish black prince orchid

priti nyc black prince orchid swatches

Royale Robe is a rich purple glossy crème. I love purples, so it was a no brainer. It is almost black with ink undertones. It is a part of the Spring 2011 collection, quite dark for spring though.

priti nyc royale robe swatches

priti nyc royale robe nail polish

Bottom line: This Priti NYC is definitely worth exploring more, there are some nice ones on their website that I would love to try out. But There are couple of things that I noticed: The names are sometimes have nothing to do with an actual color of the nail polish…maybe, it’s only in my mind. And the colors are different on the website from the real nail polish.

Caution!!! These polishes have a very thin formula. Because 3 coats are needed to get full opacity, the dry time is very slow. I noticed one specific thing though – without a top-coat you can wait literally forever and still will get smudges here and there. With the top-coat (I used Essie To Dry For) nail polish dries in seconds, but even if you will use a regular top-coat (not a speed dry one) you will get the fast drying effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment