Thursday, May 5, 2011

OPI Silver Shatter swatches and review

My pre-ordered Silver Shatter arrived right on my birthday...what a nice surprise. So I could not wait to try it out. I had Chanel Black Pearl on my nails, so I just applied one coat over it.

Overall, I think shimmer polishes (Black Pearl is a shimmer) are not a good base for Silver Shatter. The polish is metallic silver and quite sparkly...shimmery base is too much. I also don't think that crackle effect will be obvious with light shades, but I will definitely give it a try today or tomorrow, when the rest of the Pirates of Caribbean Collection I ordered will be delivered:)

The formula of the shatter is similar to the Black Shatter - the thinner is the coat, more crackles you will get. Pleasant fact is that crackles are square in shape and distinctive, not just parallel stripes like in China Glaze crackle collection.

OPI silver shatter swatches and review

OPI silver shatter swatch

No comments:

Post a Comment